Selecting a supplement – or stack of products – can be a daunting task at first. Don’t worry, though. We’re here to help. To a very large extent, your goals will determine which types of supplements you will find most useful. It is true, however, that there will be some overlap; Certain supplements can be valuable for just about any fitness path.
So, let’s get down to it. What follows is a listing of the four most common fitness goals and/or training types, along with which Gnarly products are right for you as you pursue that goal.
Losing Fat/Gaining Definition – To improve your muscle definition, you actually need to do two things: reduce your body fat and maintain your hard-earned muscle mass. To get that done, proper nutrition is incredibly important. Your totally calorie intake needs to be low enough to cause weight loss but you also need enough fuel to stop your body from eating your muscles. But that’s enough background. What supplements will actually help?
- Gnarly Slim – Although this product proudly features a special blend of ingredients to help you burn fat while suppressing your appetite, there’s more to it than that. Slim also contains a solid dose of quality whey protein – shown in several studies to reduce body fat and protect muscle mass.
- Gnarly Vegan Feast and Feast – If you don’t like the idea of using a “weight loss blend” for whatever reason and just want some help cleaning up your diet, consider either of the Feasts. Both are designed as delicious, high protein meal-replacements. The only difference between them is that Vegan is… well, vegan.
Gaining Muscle Mass and Strength – As muscles adapt to a workout, they get stronger. And, in the process, they get bigger. But this only happens if you are giving your body enough fuel to do what it has to do. While a high intake of total calories is necessary, you will also need a significant amount of protein – since this is really the main ingredient of muscle growth. While the recommendations vary, a good goal for improving size and strength is to get about 0.68-1g/lb of bodyweight.
- Gnarly Whey – Considering the above, you probably saw this coming. Gnarly Whey includes only the best protein – sourced from grass-fed New Zealand cows.
- Gnarly Vegan – Again, if you want to avoid animal products, Vegan is the way to go. You’ll get the fuel you need, taken from high-quality plant sources.
- BCAAs – While Gnarly Whey is a good source of these impressive little amino acids, you may want to up your dose a little. Specific supplementation of BCAAs has been shown to increase power and endurance while reducing muscle soreness. Gnarly BCAA also includes just a touch of caffeine, making it an effective way to gain some energy for your workouts.
- Gnarly Pump – As Gnarly’s preworkout, Pump, is crafted to improve both the quality of your workouts and your body’s ability to recover from them. The amino acid, L-Citruline is eventually converted into nitric oxide which widens your blood vessels and floods your muscles with the nutrients they need during exercise. Creatine is present to increase your power output and endurance. There is also a relatively small amount of caffeine (less than a cup of coffee) just for the added boost.
Endurance – Of course, nutrition is important for endurance athletes. To that end, Gnarly Feast and Vegan Feast could be extremely useful (and convenient) to keep your diet on point. However, you may need a little something extra during intense, long-duration training periods.
- Gnarly Pump – The caffeine, creatine and L-Citruline in Pump are just as valuable to endurance training as they are to strength.
- Gnarly Boost – The problem with most sports drinks is that they make fairly liberal use of artificial dyes, sweeteners and preservatives. Boost does not. A squirt of boost into your water will give you the electrolytes and micronutrients needed to stay hydrated and moving.
To learn more about Gnarly Nutrition’s entire supplement line, visit their online store to view every product, its supplement facts, ingredients, and uses.